How much does it cost to live in Kayadeross Acres?
Community members decide whether to increase the rent and by how much.
- Each Member household pays two charges. The first is the lot rent that is collected monthly to pay for operating expenses like taxes, insurance, trash collection and the Corporation’s mortgage payments.
- The second charge is the one-time Membership Fee. Once a Member has paid the Membership Fee, he or she only pays lot rent. And, Members get their Membership Fee back if they sell their homes.
- The current lot rent is $450 per month.
- Before the homeowners bought Kayadeross Acres, we had monthly rent increases of $10-20 almost every year. We now have control over when and why our rent changes.
- The one-time membership fee is $200.
- Kayadeross Acres charges new Members a non-refundable $50 application fee for each adult in the household. Find out more about the application process here.
- We are proud to begin major infrastructure upgrades in early 2017 which will include new water lines, upgraded electrical conduit, improved drainage and freshly paved roads. In 2016, visioning sessions with children and adults focused on design ideas and features for the new playground and community center to be constructed during these renovations. With instrumental support from NYS Homes and Community Renewal, Kayadeross Acres is able to afford these upgrades with only a minimal rent increase. Now, our community is a safe investment and a great place to raise your family!